1. The night before, Place the chicken or rabbit in a bowl. Cover with water, add 2 tsp salt and the juice of one lemon and leave to brine for an hour or so (this helps prevent the meat drying out).
2. Saute the onions in oil and butter until soft and translucent, stir in cinnamon & cook for further 5 minutes adding splash of water if it looks dry.
3. Remove the onions from the pan and sear the meat in batches until golden.
4. Add the onions back to the pan, stir through the meat adding any residual juices and the coriander and cover with stock, or water.
5. Bring to a boil, cover, then turn down to a gentle simmer and cook for an hour or until the liquid has reduced by about half.
6. Meanwhile put the apricots in a pan together with 2 tbsp honey, just cover with water and simmer gently until the apricots are covered in a light film of syrup.
7. Garnish the tagine with the apricots and pecans and serve with warm flatbreads and a crisp, green salad.